TERMS AND CONDITIONS
APONI TRAVEL (PTY) LTD.REGISTRATION NO. 2012/072555/07, STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS (STC)
Please read the following booking conditions carefully, as they set out the terms and conditions of the contract between you and Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. We act as booking agents for the suppliers of the component parts of the holiday we organize, and as such, bookings for their services will form a direct contract between you and the relevant supplier, and will be subject to that supplier’s standard terms and conditions.
Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. act as agents only for local and international ground operators and airlines and accordingly accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, injury, accident, delay, or any other irregularity howsoever arising. Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd makes every effort to ensure that all the arrangements and services connected with a passenger’s itinerary will be carried out as specified in the most efficient and effective way possible. However, we do not have direct control over the provision of services by suppliers and, whilst they are in all cases selected with the utmost care, we do not accept liability for errors and omissions of such suppliers. The contract in use by such suppliers (which is often constituted by the ticket Issued by the Principal), shall constitute the sole contract between the supplier and the client and any right of recourse the client may have, will be solely against the supplier.
Reservations And Payment:
- A non-refundable deposit, applicable to your tour, is required at time of booking, together with a signed Booking Form.
- Interim payments are due on dates to be advised and these too become Non-Refundable.
- Full payment is due latest 2 weeks prior to departure.
- Please refer to your individual tour itinerary as each tour might have different payment clauses.
- In making payment you confirm that you have read and accepted these General Terms and Conditions.
- Documents can only be released upon receipt of final payment and supporting documentation.
- Special terms and conditions regarding deposits, payments, and cancellation fees may be imposed by various service providers from time to time.
- All reservations are subject to such terms and conditions and it is your duty to ensure that you are familiar with the special terms and conditions of any such service provider.
- Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. together with its representatives acts as agent only for such service providers and you will be deemed to contract with them directly subject to their special terms and conditions as aforesaid.
- If any payment is dishonoured, we reserve the right to cancel all services, arrangements and bookings without prior notification. Furthermore, we reserve the right to claim damages to cover any costs incurred by ourselves as a result of the dishonoured payment or incorrect information given.
Amendments – Late Bookings – Cancellations:
- All cancellations must be in writing.
- Our direct flights to Zanzibar, are non-refundable and non-transferable and date changes are not permitted. Involuntary changes as a result of COVID will be charged at R3500 per person, plus any difference in airfare due to seasonality change.
- For refund of land arrangements, the following fees will generally apply but are subject to the cancellation fees charged by any other supplier we represent :
- For cancellations received up to:
- 8 weeks prior to departure: 60% of tour cost
- 6 weeks prior to departure: 80% of tour cost
- 4 weeks prior to departure: 100 % of tour cost
- No refund for unused services will be considered if cancelled after departure.
- Cancellation and curtailment insurance is available through us.
- We urge all passengers to ensure that they are adequately insured. Ask us for a specific quote.
- Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. together with its suppliers reserves the right to charge an amendment fee for amendments to confirmed bookings (a minimum amendment fee of R 500.00 plus VAT per change will apply).
- Late booking fees will be levied for bookings received less than 2 weeks prior to departure.
Cancellations due to Epidemic, National Disaster or Unrest:
- In the event of one of the above occurrences, refunds will only be made if our Travel Services Supplier and / or Airline for the chosen destination deems it unsafe for travel to that area, or the South African Government or World Health Organisation issues a Travel Advisory against travel to the chosen destination. Until such an event, full cancellation fees will apply.
- Take notice that the postponement of a specific tour does not warrant a reimbursement of fees paid to Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. and / or our suppliers & partners.
- In the event of a postponement, all deposits and / or payments received for such tour will be transferred and deemed to be for the postponed tour.
- Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. and its suppliers & partners will endeavour to maintain prices quoted and published. However, where increases due to currency fluctuations, airfare increases, hoteliers’ increases and other factors outside our control do arise, surcharges will be made to cover such increases.
- Please refer to each individual tour itinerary for costs included.
- Whilst every effort is made to follow all published itineraries, we reserve the right to make changes necessary due to circumstances beyond our control.
- This does not constitute any reason for a refund.
- Flight timings are provided by airlines and are subject to Air Traffic Control restrictions. All means of transportation are subject to weather conditions, the need for constant maintenance, and the ability of passengers to check-in on time. There is no guarantee that flights, ferries, ships, trains or coaches will depart at the times stated on any itinerary or tickets which you receive. All timings are estimates only, and we do not accept any liability for any delay, however arising, or for any schedule alterations.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you reconfirm the departure date and times of all your flights at least 48 hours prior to departure. This is particularly important in respect of subsequent journeys once leaving South Africa and Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd hereby specifically excludes any liability for any delay and/or loss as a result of your failure to reconfirm any flight and/or connecting flight.
- Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd does not hold itself responsible for any delays prior to departure, or during the course of its tours, brought about by technical difficulties, strikes, weather conditions or any other unforeseen circumstances which are beyond its control. It is understood that any expenses relating to these unscheduled extensions (e.g. hotels, meals, airfares, telephone calls, etc.) will be for the passengers’ account. Losses due to travel delays may not be refundable however, we will always use our best endeavour to negotiate refunds on behalf of passengers.
- Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. does not accept liability or pay you compensation where the performance of our contractual obligations is affected by “force majeure” (included but not limited to war, threat of war, riot, civil or political unrest, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, adverse weather conditions, closure of ports or airports, air traffic control delays, technical problems, circumstances amounting to “force majeure”. Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. will always use its best endeavours to assist passengers where necessary and or possible.
- We reserve the right to substitute flights, transport, accommodation listed and tours with others of a similar or higher category, at no additional cost to the passenger.
- Check-in time is usually 14H00, and check-out time latest by 12h00.
- For early / late check-in / check-out, an additional fee will be charged.
Not Included In Tour Price Unless Specified As Included:
- Airport and border taxes, cost of passports, visas, laundry, porterage, telephone calls, food and beverages (unless specified: B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner) and other items of a personal nature which are listed as optional or not included in the tour cost.
- Only such airfares as detailed in each itinerary are included.
- Tips to hotel staff, guides and drivers are left to the discretion of the passengers.
- We urge our passengers to conform to international standards with regard to tipping.
- A guide to recommended rates will be given, unless specified in the tour inclusions tips will always be for the passengers account.
- Passports, Visas and Health – It is entirely the clients duty to ensure that all passports & visas are current, valid, obtained on time and that any vaccinations, inoculations, prophylactics (e.g. for malaria) and the like, where required, have been obtained. Passports must be valid for 6 months after return to South Africa. Please check the requirements with Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. before travelling. Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd will endeavour to assist the client but such assistance will be at Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd.’s discretion and the client acknowledges that in doing so, Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd is not assuming any obligation or liability and the client indemnifies Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. against any consequences of non-compliance. It is the client’s duty to familiarize him/herself with the inherent dangers of and mental and/or physical condition required for the proposed travel arrangements. The client must ensure that the details supplied to Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. mirror those details shown on their passport for international travel and ID documents for local travel.
- Documents (vouchers, itineraries, etc.) are only prepared on receipt of full payment of the package price, and signed & completed Booking Form, and will be ready 96 hours after payment has been received. It is important that you check all details of your travel documents (including your itinerary) before leaving South Africa. If there are any inaccuracies on any of your travel documents, or should you have any further queries, you should contact Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. immediately. Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. will not be liable for any delay and/or loss occasioned as a result of any inaccuracies on any travel documents once you are in receipt thereof and you have left South Africa.
- Vouchers for pre-paid expenses and tour services are non-endorsable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
- No refund will be considered for unused services whether they form part of the basic inclusive tour package or whether they are in respect of a pre-booked optional arrangement.
- Special requests should be specified at time of reservation.
- We accept special requests on the understanding that whilst we will make every effort to comply, under no circumstances can we guarantee that they will be met.
- a) Taxes: Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd will advise you of all mandatory taxes, which you must pay before departure. However, many countries charge local government resort taxes that can only be paid locally. It is therefore recommended that you retain sufficient local currency to meet such charges. Details of all additional taxes and extras to be paid locally in the respective country, will be advised upon confirmation of your booking.
b) Special requests: We can pass on any special requests that you may wish to make at the time of booking, but acceptance of such requests is at the discretion of the airline or other supplier and in no circumstances are special requests guaranteed. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier, or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation, is not confirmation that the request will be met.
c) Medical Problems: If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your holiday, you need to give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we reserve the right to decline their reservation. We reserve the right to cancel the reservation should we become aware of any such medical problem or disability which has not been disclosed.
d) Renovations: Hotels undergo renovations from time to time and take all possible steps to limit disruption to their guests. We will not entertain complaints or requests for refunds if a hotel is carrying out renovations whilst a guest is resident. If we are specifically advised of renovation work, dates may be provided. It is important to remember that these are subject to change and we are not always notified.
e) Charges to your credit card: Any charges made to your credit card whilst away are your responsibility. Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. will not be responsible, nor accept responsibility for having these charges reversed or corrected upon return to South Africa.
- Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. and its associates, servants and agents act as booking agents on behalf of principals and accept no liability for any death, injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or other irregularity whatsoever and howsoever arising and render the services on condition that they shall in no way be liable, or accept responsibility in respect of any detail, negligence or otherwise with regard to hotels, sightseeing or any other services, nor are they liable for any loss or damage or additional expense or inconvenience caused by changes in schedules, delays, sickness, injury (or death) or any other cause whatsoever.
- Under no circumstances will Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. or any of the aforementioned parties be liable for consequential loss or damage.
- The airlines concerned are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time the passengers are not aboard their aircraft.
- The passenger ticket in use by the airline shall constitute the sole contract between airline and purchaser of such ticket and/or the passenger.
- All prices, airfares, schedules, excursions, hotels and itineraries etc in our brochures are subject to change, withdrawal or substitution without notice.
- Subject to statutory constraints or compliance with an order of court, Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. undertakes to deal with all client information of a personal nature on a strictly confidential basis.
- Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd., shall be entitled, at its option to institute any legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract in any Magistrate’s Court having jurisdiction in terms of Section 29 of the Magistrate’s Court Act No 32/1944 as amended, notwithstanding that the amount in issue may exceed the limits of such jurisdiction.
- This document together with Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd.’s standard invoice / itinerary constitutes the sole record of the agreement between the parties. No party shall be bound by any representation, warranty, and promise of the like not recorded herein. Client acknowledges that he/she has not relied on any matter or thing stated on behalf of Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. or otherwise that is not included herein. No addition to the Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd standard booking conditions shall be of any force or effect unless in writing and signed by or on behalf of the parties. All costs and disbursements, including legal costs on the attorney and client scale incurred by Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd in recovering any damages and payments payable by the passenger to Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd shall be for the passengers’ account. This agreement shall in all respects be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. The passenger hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the Magistrates Court having jurisdiction over its person in respect of all proceedings in connection with this agreement.
- The person requesting such quotations or estimates or making such booking or to whom any service is rendered, is deemed to have read and accepted the Conditions and to have the authority to do so on behalf of the person in whose name the estimate or quotation or reservation is requested and/or provided and/or the person to whom the services are rendered (collectively referred to as “the Client”)
- Should passengers have a complaint whilst on tour, the ground handling agent must be informed in order to attempt to rectify the matter.
- If the ground handling agent is not made aware of any complaints, Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. its partners & suppliers are unable to assist on your return home.
- Aponi Travel (Pty) Ltd. its partners & suppliers will not entertain complaints due to loss of enjoyment where the full land arrangements have been provided.